Welcome to the Samskrit Language Proficiency Test by Vedavaapi Foundation !
This test score is currently used as an admission criterion by MIT-ADT University School of Vedic Sciences for its Master’s programs in Samskrit.
This test will assess one’s working knowledge of Samskrit language along the following lines:
- Grasp of the basic building blocks of Samskrit language as used in conversation.
- Ability to comprehend written and spoken Samskrit – colloquial as well as shaastric discourse.
- Ability to write / compose descriptions and commentaries in simple Samskrit.
- Ability to understand the content of Samskrit prose and poetry as present in its literature – both poetic and technical.
- One can attempt the test upto 2 times over 60 days from enrollment. There has to be a gap of two weeks between the attempts.
- This test consists of two parts – Basic and Intermediate. Each test must be completed in a single sitting. Only if you obtain 60% marks in the Basic are you eligible to take the Intermediate test.
- Some of the questions in the tests need to be graded manually, so you might not be able to see your grade immediately on completion of the test.
- We recommend you attempt the test once for self-assessment. If you need to study, please do so. Then take the second attempt.